11 Jun Celebrity Chef Luke Nguyen Leads New Culinary Experience in Saigon – The Reverie Saigon
While many hotels dispatch executive chefs to market with food-obsessed guests, The Reverie Saigon is endeavouring to deepen its guests’ appreciation of the city and its culinary heritage with a fresh approach involving a celebrity chef and an entire day’s exploration of one of Asia’s burgeoning food capitals.
Beginning this June, guests of the hotel will be able to experience six- to eight-hour expeditions across the city’s culinary landscape with Luke Nguyen, one of Vietnam’s most talented chefs. Privately guided, the tours will introduce guests to major landmarks, tucked-away street vendors, riverside lunch spots, chic restaurants and also hidden bars and sky-high lounges if that’s your scene.
The Australia-born “MasterChef Vietnam” host, cookbook author, restaurateur and television
personality is partnering exclusively with The Reverie Saigon on this in-depth exploration of the vibrant dining destination that is bustling Ho Chi Minh City.
The journey begins in the late afternoon with a glimpse of some of the key landmarks located in the city’s District 1 – such as the 139-year-old Notre Dame Cathedral, the historic Central Post Office and the magnificent colonial French Opera House.
From there, on the menu for the rest of this deep dive into Saigon’s culinary world are:
- A pitstop for banh mi and Vietnamese coffee at a favourite outpost (or two) of Chef’s
- A short walking tour of residential back alleyways where communal living still thrives and where delicious home-cooking is served right out of residential kitchens
- A short boat ride to a popular riverside restaurant for cocktails and small bites at sunset
- Rooftop drinks and an introduction to an innovative take on street-food dishes at a local eatery that’s hidden in the old market part of Saigon
- A stroll along Nguyen Hue Boulevard, the city’s popular gathering place, before settling in for dinner with Chef at Vietnam House, his signature restaurant in Vietnam
- An option to extend the evening (for up to two hours) with an exploration of the city’s nightlife scene by way of an introduction to Chef’s recommended drinking spots, depending on whether you’re partial to hidden bars or rooftop cocktails
Chef Luke’s culinary exploration of Ho Chi Minh City is an optional add-on to The Reverie’s new “Sampling Saigon” foodie package, which invites guests to take in the hotel’s own culinary offerings – including exquisite fine dining Chinese at The Royal Pavilion, or upscale Italian at R&J.
Petrie PR is a dynamic boutique Asia based PR agency providing specialist communications strategy for the luxury lifestyle, travel, property, design and spa sectors.
Regionally and internationally connected, our reach spans all the most influential media in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Indonesia as well as emerging markets including Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand.
Find out more about us.