30 Oct Contemporary Living Meaningful Travel World Of CHAO – Living The Good Life
Asia-based communications agency Petrie PR is proud to announce our appointment as the sole agency for CHAO, one of the world’s most innovative and conceptual boutique hotels.
A New Landmark in Beijing
Situated in the heart of China’s cultural, commercial and culinary capital, CHAO is housed in a modernised geometric, glass-fronted 26-storey tower in Sanlitun, Beijing’s most happening district.
Reflecting the local avant-garde scene, CHAO was created in 2016 as a destination for guests to connect, discover and share experiences, featuring 180 design-led rooms, 40 serviced apartments, a 15,000 square metre Clubhouse space as well as a 3000 square metre Art Centre featuring the city’s most exciting exhibitions and events.
Create the Good Life Together
CHAO’s mission is to provide the Good Life – a lifestyle that makes discovery and sharing more effortless and connections more seamless and accessible. Focusing on excellence in both hospitality and design, CHAO has created a series of spaces to support every context, from striving for constant personal and professional growth to connecting and sharing ideas with like-minded people contributing to a meaningful cause, mindful of the wellbeing of the world and the self.
CHAO Art Center
CHAO is not just a place to lay your head. Through its outstanding Art Center, CHAO offers guests the opportunity to plug into the local community, connect with like-minded people and explore new concepts through a year-round program with highlights including regular collaborations with artists, top musicians, “movie-spot” and culinary events.
Signature events, created as sensory playgrounds to elevate the experience of art and culture aficionados, include “Night Museum”. This live exhibition blends the concept of museum with human interaction, reimagining nightlife as a luxurious place for socialising among art. Such events will constantly change throughout the year to provide an evolving calendar for CHAO guests. Another programme entitled “72 Artists and Their Guests” allows artists to create an original artwork in any format for guest rooms at CHAO. The idea is for guests to interact with the artists in a unique way. Printmaking Studio, CHAO Weekend and the Cultural Embassy also provide regular workshops for guests.
The Art Center hosts monthly cultural events and lifestyle experiences aimed at inspiring and elevating. Guests can plug into Beijing’s most active and influential community to connect and interact.
The New Hedonist – Our Tribe
CHAO’s membership platform grants guests access to the exclusive CHAO Clubhouse a social club, which is all about discovery and creation, shared experiences and a common passion for creating the Good Life. From exclusive facilities to dedicated events, members gain access to a range of benefits designed to complement their lifestyle and personal tastes. Membership includes access to all club spaces, including the multipurpose working spaces, the gym, and the entire CHAO events program.
CHAO newsletter subscribers are individualistic and diverse, unconventional and ambitious, creative and positive in their outlook. An in-house editorial team, international list of guest curators and partners, and the subscriber community prepare cultural content and event experiences.
CHAO has created a world of additional spaces and experiences to allow guests to relax, work, connect, socialise and seek comfort
- The intimate and uniquely designed Glasshouse, with its soaring glazed concrete arches allowing daylight to flood the space, provides a spectacular event space and has already hosted a number of high profile talks and exhibitions. This flexible and multipurpose space is also ideal for fashion shows, wedding ceremonies and cocktail parties of up to 200 guests.
- The third-floor Penthouse lounge and event space creates an urban oasis with an outside swimming pool, rooftop garden and cabana seating for members to indulge in.
- With an international team at the helm, the Living Room & Club Bar feature an inspired menu of home-cooked cuisine, served family-style showcasing seasonal and regional ingredients. The service style here is casual and friendly, designed to encourage conversation for a lively and social atmosphere.
- In the sun-filled Drawing Room, guests can indulge in signature dishes and an authentic English afternoon tea set, while the open kitchen hosts small workshops and cooking classes.
- With a carefully chosen collection of books, the 24-hour library is a space for guests to curl up and read a book or catch up on work, complemented by a small business centre. The gym offers the latest Technogym equipment and a daily program of private training sessions provided by a team of personal trainers.
- An expertly curated wine cellar featuring the best Champagne selection in town serves as an event space and tasting bar.
Petrie PR is a dynamic boutique Asia based PR agency providing specialist communications strategy for the luxury lifestyle, travel, property, design and spa sectors.
Regionally and internationally connected, our reach spans all the most influential media in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Indonesia as well as emerging markets including Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand.
Find out more about us.